Lemon Crinkle cookies
Another crinkle cookies recipe, this time with lemon flavor. It’s crispy on the outside and soft inside. Let’s learn it!
- 1 unit of Egg
- Zests of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp of Squeezed lemon 1.5 fl oz (45 ml)
- 3/4 cup of Sugar 4.8 oz (135g)
- 2 tbsp of Butter 1.4 oz (40g)
- 2 cup of Wheat flour 8.5 oz (240g)
- 1 tsp of Chemical yeast 0.2 oz (5g)
- Crystal or refined sugar
- Icing or powdered sugar
- In a bowl, place the egg, lemon zest, squeezed lemon, sugar and butter at room temperature, mix well with a whisk.
- Switch to a spatula and add the wheat flour and Chemical yeast.
- Mix until a homogeneous dough but still sticky, cover and place in the freezer for 20 minutes or in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up it.
- Make the balls and roll them first in crystal sugar and then in icing sugar. I made 0.7 oz (20g) which yielded 26 units.
- Leave a thicker layer of powdered sugar.
- Place in the preheated oven at 320ºF (160º C) for about 15 minutes.
After baking and letting the cookies cool, store in a well-sealed jar for up to 10 days leaving stored in a dry and airy place. You can still store the raw dough (without baking) in the freezer for up to 90 days wrapped in plastic film. When you want to use it just remove it from the freezer and leave for 24 hours defrosting in the fridge.