How to Make Ham and Cheese Quiche
Quiche is a simple and delicious recipe, perfect for pleasing both kids and adults. Its thin and crispy crust with its light filling is a great option for those who want to innovate in the kitchen. Let's learn how to make it!
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour 9.5 oz (240 g)
- 1 teaspoon of Salt 0.18 oz (5 g)
- 6 tablespoons of Butter 4 oz (120 g)
- 1/4 cup of Chilled Water 2 fl oz (60 mL)
- 2 units of Egg
- 1 cup of Table Cream 8 oz (200 g)
- 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan 0.7 oz (20 g)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 4 oz of Chopped Ham (120 g)
- 4 oz of Chopped Mozzarella (120 g)
- In a bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt and mix.
- Add the chilled, chopped butter, and mix with your fingertips until it forms a moist crumble.
- Gradually add the chilled water until the dough comes together. Do not knead the dough.
- Place the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the filling.
- In a bowl, mix the ham and mozzarella and set aside.
- In another bowl, crack the eggs and beat slightly.
- Add the table cream, parmesan, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix them very well.
- Take a small amount of dough, press it, and place it in the center of small removable-bottom tart pans. The one I used is 3.54 inch (9 cm) in diameter.
- Once you’ve pressed the dough into the pan, remove any excess with your fingertips.
- Place chopped ham and then mozzarella in all the tart pans.
- When finished, pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200º C) and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
Tips: Valid to: 5 days, if stored in the refrigerator, and 90 days, if stored in the freezer.