How to make Ground Beef Mini Pies
This crustless mini pie made with ground beef will win your heart. Let's learn how to make it and explore different filling flavors!
- 1 unit Grated Carrot
- 3.5 oz Grated Mozzarella Cheese (100g)
- 1/3 cup Sliced Olives (1/3 cup) 1.2 oz (33g)
- Oregano (to taste)
- 10.6 oz Ground Beef (300g)
- 1 tsp Salt 0.2 oz (5g)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise (1 tablespoon) 0.4 oz (12g)
- 1 unit Egg White
- 2 tbsp Seasoned Ready-made cassava flour 1.1 oz (30g)
- Cassava Flour
- In a bowl, combine grated carrot, mozzarella cheese, sliced olives, and oregano. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix ground beef, salt, black pepper, onion powder, mayonnaise, and egg white.
- To bind the mixture, gradually add the seasoned ready-made cassava flour or, if you prefer, cassava flour.
- At this point, you can use your hands to check if the mixture is firm and easily releases from your hands.
- Take aluminum mini pie molds of your preferred size. I used fluted mini pie molds, size No.3 diameter 2.95 in x base 1.77 in x height 0.98 in (7.5 cm x 4.5 cm x 2.5 cm).
- Grease with butter and dust with cassava flour.
- Place a bit of the ground beef mixture to line the bottom and sides.
- Then, fill generously; you can press down on the filling a bit.
- Take a bit more of the mixture, press it in your palm to make it thinner, and cover the mini pie.
- Remove any excess meat from the sides.
- Repeat this process for the remaining mini pies.
- Place them on a baking tray and dust with a little cassava flour.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C) and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until they turn golden and the cheese has melted.
- Allow them to cool a bit before removing them from the molds.
Valid to: After baking, 3 days if stored in the refrigerator, or 90 days if stored in the freezer.