How to Make Eggplant with Cheese or Eggplant Pizza
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of Salt (7g)
- 1 Eggplant
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil 0.44 oz (13 ml)
- 1/3 cup Tomato Sauce 2.7 oz (80 ml)
- Basil leaves to taste
- 3.5 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (100g)
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 3 Olives sliced
- Oregano to taste
- Slice the eggplant into approximately 0.6 inch (1.5 cm) thick slices.
- Place them on a cutting board and sprinkle a little salt over them.
- Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- The eggplants will start to release some water. At this point, it’s important to pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Afterward, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil and season with a little salt.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and pre-bake the eggplant slices for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add tomato sauce, basil leaves, shredded mozzarella cheese, olives, and finish it with oregano.
- Return to the oven at the same temperature for just 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Valid to: Consume immediately after preparation, as the texture changes if stored in the refrigerator.